The project "Internet Platform "Magic Things" is aimed at social adaptation of people from socially vulnerable groups (people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care), meeting their needs for self-realization, supporting their creative potential, improving their financial situation. The platform brings together people with disabilities for creative development and presentation of unique handmade products to a wide audience.
Why is it important?
- Today in Ukraine there are more than 2.6 million people with disabilities, more than half of whom are of working age (from 18 to 60 years old), but only more than a third are employed (530 thousand people).
- Social and professional adaptation is one of the urgent problems for people with disabilities.
- More than 70,000 orphans and children deprived of parental care are registered in the country, of which more than 6,000 are in residential institutions.
- People from socially vulnerable groups have the right to choose their type of activity and to have conditions and support in which to shift attention from their limitations to talents and opportunities.
Our goal is to create the first in Ukraine inclusive Internet platform "Magic Things" for the implementation of "handmade" products created by people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care, with the development of a model of escorting platform masters for 6 months, to facilitate their self-realization and financial stability.
We set tasks for ourselves:
- To create an inclusive Internet platform "Magic Things" for the sale of "handmade" products made by people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care, with the provision of free accounting, legal and technical support to the craftsmen.
- To attract agents-partners for communication with the masters-authors of "handmade" products in the field from among the representatives of civil society organizations, initiative groups, commercial institutions from different regions of Ukraine.
- To work out the model of escorting the wizards of the “Magic Things” platform by partner agents at all stages: from registration on the website and presentation of products to sending them to the buyer.
- Provide the opportunity to receive additional income from the sale of "handmade" products for master-authors.
The project activities will include the following stages:
- Development of terms of reference for the creation of the site "Magic Things", taking into account the recommendations on web accessibility for people with disabilities, selection of work performers, development and testing of the Internet platform (within 6 months).
- Providing accounting, legal and technical support for the platform masters.
- Creation of a network of agent partners of the platform from several regions of Ukraine: invitation to cooperation of civil society organizations, initiative groups that deal with people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care, communal institutions (rehabilitation centers, boarding schools).
- Attracting craftsmen of "handmade" products among people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care (through their official representatives), from different regions, creating and promoting individual pages of craftsmen on the platform.
- Development of a model for accompanying the masters of the "Magic Things" platform by partner agents, which will include: preparation of an individual presentation of the master and "handmade" products for the site, an assessment of the needs for technical support.
- Organization of online sales of "handmade" products and regular online auctions at the regional level with promotions in social networks, on specialized sites, etc. with the involvement of SEO specialists.
- Providing information support for the Internet platform with the involvement of a content manager: holding a press briefing on launching the resource, posting information about the platform on the organization's website, distributing project news on social networks (official page of MA Eurostrategy, partners' Facebook pages, etc.)
- An inclusive Internet platform "Magic Things" was created for the sale of "handmade" products, which are made by people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care, with the provision of free accounting, legal and technical support for the craftsmen.
- Within 6 months, a network of agent partners of the platform was created for communication with the master-authors of the products - at least 5 people from different regions.
- During the period of the project implementation, at least 5 craftsmen of "handmade" products were attracted among people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care (through their representatives), for each of them individual pages were created on the platform.
- At least 2 online auctions were held with up to 20 lots of products on each.
- At least 65 publications were created in social networks and on Internet resources about news and the progress of the project.
Open source images