The project "Internet platform "Magic Things" is aimed at social adaptation of people from socially vulnerable groups (people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care), meeting their needs for self-realization, support for creativity, improving the financial situation. The platform will bring together people with disabilities for creative development and presentation to a wide audience of unique handmade original products.
Why is this important?
- Today in Ukraine there are more than 2.6 million people with disabilities, more than half of whom are of working age (from 18 to 60 years), but only about a third (530 thousand people) are employed.
- Social and professional adaptation is one of the urgent problems for people with disabilities.
- More than 70,000 orphans and children deprived of parental care are registered in the country, of which more than 6,000 are in boarding schools.
- People from socially vulnerable groups have the right to choose the type of activity and to have conditions and support in which to switch attention from their limitations to talents and opportunities.
Our goal is to create the first in Ukraine inclusive Internet platform "Magic Things" for the implementation of "handmade" products created by people with disabilities and orphans, with the development within 6 months of the model of support of the platform masters to promote their self-realization and financial sustainability.
We set ourselves the task:
- Create an inclusive Internet platform "Magic Things" for the sale of "handmade" products made by people with disabilities and orphans, with free accounting, legal and technical support of masters.
- Involve partner agents to communicate with the masters-authors of "handmade" products on the ground from among representatives of civil society organizations, initiative groups, commercial institutions from different regions of Ukraine.
- To work out the model of accompaniment of the masters of the "Magic Things" platform by partner agents at all stages: from registration on the site and presentation of the product to its sending to the buyer.
- Provide the opportunity to receive additional proceeds from the sale of "handmade" products for master authors.
The project activity will include the following stages:
- Development of a technical task for the creation of the site "Magic Things" taking into account the recommendations on web accessibility for people with disabilities, selection of contractors, development and testing of the Internet platform (within 6 months).
- Selection of involved specialists - accountant, lawyer, communication manager.
- Creation of a network of partner agents of the platform from several regions of Ukraine: invitation to cooperation of civil society organizations, initiative groups caring for people with disabilities and orphans, utilities (rehabilitation centers, boarding schools).
- Involvement of masters of "handmade" products among people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care (through their official representatives) from different regions, signing a cooperation agreement with them, creating individual pages of masters on the platform.
- Development of the model of support of masters of the platform "Magic Things" by partner agents, which will include: preparation of individual presentation of the master and "handmade" products for the site, assessment of physical and technical capabilities of authors, if necessary, delivery to the buyer.
- Organization of online sales of "handmade" products and regular online auctions at the regional level with promotion on social networks, specialized sites, etc. to attract an SEO specialist.
- During the project implementation of information support of the Internet platform "Magic Things": with the involvement of the content manager of a press briefing on the launch of the resource, posting information about the platform on the organization's website, dissemination of project news on social networks (official page of IA "Eurostrategy", pages partners on Facebook, etc.).
- An inclusive Internet platform "Magic Things" has been created for the sale of "handmade" products made by people with disabilities and orphans, with free accounting, legal and technical support for craftsmen.
- Within 6 months, a network of agents-partners of the platform for communication with master authors of products was created - at least 5 people from different regions.
- During the project period, at least 5 masters of "handmade" products were involved among people with disabilities, orphans and children deprived of parental care (through their representatives), for each of which individual pages were created on the platform.
- At least 2 online auctions were held with the presentation of up to 20 lots of products on each.
- At least 65 publications have been created on social networks and Internet resources about news and the progress of the project.